Methyl-Life® Manufacturing Process
Here at Methyl-Life, we are proud of the superior quality of our ingredients and our process. After all, we were born from the desire of our founder, Jamie Horn, to make products that she would want to take herself as part of her own MTHFR treatment plan!
Our products are pure. That means no junk, no fillers. Never.
So we have a rigorous manufacturing process to ensure that each supplement we produce is a product that meets our standards.
A Methyl-Life® product’s life journey begins here.
1. Ingredient Research
Methyl-Life looks to find the best active ingredients available in the world.
2. Ingredient Purchase
Methyl-Life only buys top ingredients from cGMP-compliant ingredient manufacturers.
- cGMP stands for “current Good Manufacturing Practices,” as determined in a set of standardized guidelines for process and procedure. These are handed down from the FDA in pamphlet form. The manufacturing guidelines indicate that manufacturing facilities need to have Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in place to ensure the facilities are in compliance with the FDA standards for “Good Manufacturing Practices.”
3. Ingredient Shipment
4. Ingredient Acceptance
The cGMP-contract, product-manufacturing facilities in the USA only accept the ingredients after using a testing lab to verify all of the below:
- Identity– to ensure it’s the material that was purchased and 100% matches its specification sheet or Certificate of Analysis (CofA)
- Purity– to ensure the ingredient actually matches the stated purity ratios indicated on the specifications sheet (CofA)
- Potency– to ensure the material matches the stated potency ratios listed on the CofA
- Microbes– to ensure the ingredient has not been contaminated by bacteria, mold, or other pathogens (i.e., e Coli, Salmonella, etc.)
- Metals– to ensure the material does not have any heavy metal content above the FDA limits