If you or someone you love has an MTHFR diagnosis, there a range of specific methylfolate supplements that can help you manage MTHFR symptoms. But knowing where to begin can get a bit overwhelming.
We get it. We’ve been there!
At Methyl-Life, we bring you information you can use and products you can trust.
We understand that you have unique health needs and supplement requirements, and we’re here to help guide you toward the products that are right for you.
We always recommend you check in with your doctor to determine a nutritional protocol, but we’re also committed to providing you with helpful resources so that you know what you need and why.
For those not following a doctor’s orders with specific products or dosages, you might consider our starter pack, which can be purchased here.
Let’s get to it!
Which Methylfolate Supplements are Best for Your MTHFR Diagnosis?
L-Methylfolate only products (featuring internationally patented Magnafolate-C™)These products may be right for you IF you:
- Require high doses of the active L-Methylfolate (according to your genetic testing results and/or doctor’s recommendations)
- Are already taking an active form of B-12 in another supplement or from a shot (learn more about the Best forms of B12)
L-Methylfolate AND B-12 products (featuring FDA approved Quatrefolic® in a sublingual tablet for the B-12’s best absorption)These products may be right for you IF you:
- Require a moderate doses of the active L-Methylfolate
- Want an easy way to get both L-Methylfolate and Active B-12 (in the form of Methylcobalamin) in one sublingual tablet
Methylated Multi-Vitamin (featuring FDA approved Quatrefolic® & Active B-12 as methylcobalamin)This product may be right for you IF you:
- Don’t want to take synthetic folic acid in your multi-vitamin
- Are choosing to dose L-Methylfolate and B-12 in lower doses
- Want to target methylation support, ATP energy support, choline that crosses the blood-brain barrier, as well as get the most active forms of the vitamins available on the market today, all in a single chewable product
Active B12 Products (B12 as hydroxocobalamin, methylcobalamin & adenosylcobalamin)These products may be right for you IF you:
- Have one or more of the following genetic mutations: COMT, MTR, MTRR, VDR Taq
- Only take the non-active form of B12, cyanocobalamin, that does not easily convert into the active forms of B12 that your body needs and can directly use
- Learn more about the active forms of B12 and what form(s) you might best tolerate